SWIU 7th Annual Clinical Mentoring Conference Call for Abstract Submissions
Opens: July 01, 2017 •
September 30, 2017, 11:59 PM
Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada)
For technical assistance, please email webmaster.
SWIU is pleased to announce the return of the scientific podium session during the 2018 Clinical Mentoring Conference exclusively for urology residents and fellows in training and interested medical students. Selected abstracts will each be presented as either a podium or poster presentation during the meeting.
Abstracts submitted to other meetings in the previous 12 months are acceptable, but previously published works are not eligible. Duplicate abstracts from the same data set/patient cohort will be outright rejected. The podium and poster sessions will serve not only as a forum for dissemination of original research, but also provide a learning opportunity as the presenters will receive feedback on presentation style and quality of slides in a separate session.
Topics include: benign prostatic hyperplasia, epidemiology/socioeconomic, infertility, sexual dysfunction, oncology, pediatrics, trauma, reconstruction, stone disease, lower urinary tract disorders, pelvic floor disorders, practice management, quality improvement/safety, and education.
All submissions are reviewed using a blind review process and once completed, notifications will be sent out to the submitter's email.
Submit your abstract HERE.
The format of the abstract is as follows:
- Title: The title of the abstract must be in all caps and bold-faced. Do not include author names or institution on this textbox.
- Category: Authors must select only one topic from the list above.
- Abstract: The body of the abstract must contain an introduction and objectives, methods, results, and conclusions.
- Funding: You must indicate any financial funding at the end of the abstract via the funding textbox; if there is no support “none” must be listed. This section does not count towards total character limit.
- Figure/Table (optional): To be attached after the abstract body and funding section and must include a label -- please note that this figure (including the table) must be uploaded as a single jpeg image with maximum width of 480 pixels and a maximum height of 320 pixels.
Preparing your Submission:
- Submissions should first be prepared in a Word Document type editor to ensure all requirements are met.
- As noted in the format section above, submissions consist of
- Abstract Title
- List of authors, with their degrees and affiliation(s)
- Abstract Body text
- Funding as described above
- (An Optional) Figure/Illustration/Table image that is labeled to be appended to the end of the abstract. With a maximum width of 480 pixels and a maximum height of 320 pixels in Jpeg format. For best resolution, crop your image to eliminate as much unnecessary white space as possible before resizing to the maximum dimensions.
- Abstract body text will have a maximum of 3000 characters (includes spaces). If you will be uploading a figure/illustration/table image the maximum character count is 2500 which includes spaces.
- All abstracts to be submitted should fit on a single page in 10 point Arial font with an optional (figure/illustration/table) image at the end of the abstract.
Completing the Submission:
- If you have not already done so, create a submission account using the "Register an account" link. Please note that if you are an SWIU member, or if we have you in our database, during the process you'll be able to validate your existing account using the email we have on file that will allow you to generate login credentials tied to your existing account. If you are not in the database, you will be able to create a brand new account.
- Once you have your account setup and are signed in, navigate to the account main page. From here you will be able to complete an abstract submission, edit an existing submission, or even delete an existing submission at any time prior to the submission deadline.
- During your submission you will be asked for the Title, Category (Topic), Body, Funding, Presenting author full contact information, and for all other authors, their name, degrees, affiliation, and email address.
- The presenting author will be indicated on the output file with an * symbol.
Please also note the following: Abbreviations may only be used after the words are written out in full at first mention. Abstracts will be de-identified prior to review hence please do not include any reference to your institution or authors in the body of the text. It is the author's responsibility to submit the abstract in perfect order with no errors in spelling or grammar. Abstracts will not be retyped or corrected. Abstracts not received in the proper format will not be considered by the Program Committee. Applicants can submit as many abstracts as they desire, however as noted above two abstracts on the same data set or population will both be rejected.